Thursday, March 31, 2011

Red Riding Hood

book: Red Riding Hood


about: The blacksmith would marry her.
The woodcutter would run away with her.
The werewolf would turn her into one of its own.


Valerie's sister was beautiful, kind, and sweet. Now she is dead. Henry, the handsome son of the blacksmith, tries to console Valerie, but her wild heart beats fast for another: the outcast woodcutter, Peter, who offers Valerie another life far from home.

After her sister's violent death, Valerie's world begins to spiral out of control. For generations, the Wolf has been kept at bay with a monthly sacrifice. But now no one is safe. When an expert Wolf hunter arrives, the villagers learn that the creature lives among them--it could be anyone in town.

It soon becomes clear that Valerie is the only one who can hear the voice of the creature. The Wolf says she must surrender herself before the blood moon wanes...or everyone she loves will die.


my review: When I first got this book and I notticed the publisher (Poppy) my first thought was that the publisher was from what I know all most all just realistic fiction aside from the one book (Monster High) so I thought that it would not be a very good book. But as I got into it I relized that this is really a good book, I found my self trying to figure out who the wolf was. But I must say the end does not tell who the wolf is and you then have to go to the website ( redridinghoodbook.com ) and read the endding though I heard the movie does have then ending. I intend on going to see the movie soon.

my raiting: (out of 5) 4 and 1/2 (only because the ending did not tell us who the wolf was.)

No comments:

Post a Comment